For a culture that is considered "invisible" on Wikipedia, they've sure been loud lately..... I gathered that as the importance of this assignment, people adovcating in a responsible way. This is my idea of a perfect example of such. Go to my blog thearmysdaughter to read all about a stinky book that I don't like at all.
Sunday, December 14, 2014
Contextual Analysis
I pulled the plug on my former topic for the Contextual Analysis, someone from the base I was stationed on contacted me and asked me to address a controversial book that had hit the streets and schools of Caserma Ederle. I started the research, and hit some roadblocks due to the official website being taken down. This approach was maybe a little different than what we were asked to do, but the context of this book hit a culture really hard and I couldn't ignore all the fuss that was hitting this book back. As a member of this culture, I was personally offended and that is quite clear within the text of my blog. With that being said, I wanted to highlight the idea that people were commenting on this matter, they contacted companies, they banded together to throw this book away, and they didn't brush it off...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment